I played an adventurer all the way up to level 98 Priest and then stopped. This took a lot of time and just getting from level 1 to 30 took days, not hours. It took me a very long time to get to 98 and, shortly after Aran came out, stopped playing almost entirely due to most of my friends leaving the game.
I came back, ironically, during the 10th anniversary of maplestory2 [didn't know til I launched it] and have played for the last week getting my Priest to level 103 Bishop as well as making a pirate to 30 and canning him before getting an Avenger and Xenon to 30. After I stopped being overwhelmed I now want to plan some things out but the main maplestory issue is that most guides for older content, for instance Bishops, don't exist and so I must forge forward with mathematics and intuition.
My questions are as follows.
-How many skill points as a Bishop do I get for 4th Job.
-Are there special conditions for SP or AP past level 200.
-How do Hyper maplestory Skills work?
-Is there an AP cap at 999?
-Do Mages have any positive benefit from LUK [vs INT] outside of dumping at the cap ? [My Bishop has a lot of LUK from before the changes due to armor requirements and I'm considering an AP reset scroll]
-If you job respec, to what extent is AP/SP Reset if at all?
-How do maplestory Books work now?
-If maxing all 4th job skills is possible and there is extra SP, can I put them into 2nd or 3rd Jobs?
My friend Answer are as follows.
1. You get enough skill points to max ALL your skills in 4th job so 255.
2. I'm not very sure what you mean by special conditions but other than the fact that you stop getting SP while you continue to gain 5 AP every level, then no, there isn't.
3. Hyper maplestory Skills are unlocked at lvl 140 and they provide passive stat boosts, passive maplestory skill boosts (which improve various things in three of your preexisting skills such as adding damage or cutting down cooldowns and other things), and lastly, you get active attacks and buffs. You gain points in each category every 10 levels until 200.
4. No, there is no AP cap at 999 anymore.
5. Yes, mages do still have slight attack boost from LUK but not nearly as much as INT so it's better for you to get an AP reset scroll now that the cap is no longer there.
6. Job reset lets you choose jobs only within your class. For example, if an Arch Fire/Poison wanted to job reset, they can only choose to become an Arch I/L or a Bishop. They cannot job reset to something like a Night Lord therefore your AP will stay the same but your SP will reset.
7. You can now buy Mastery Books from Illiad or from the pots shops for a very cheap 3 and 5 mil. From these books, you can select ANY skill you want to upgrade (yes, that includes MW) as long as you have the necessary pre-requisite SP in the maplestory skills (at least 5 SP put in a skill before you can upgrade a maplestory skill to lvl 20 and at least 15 SP before you can upgrade a skill all the way to 30).
Completing certain dungeons and quests in the game will also award you free maplestory Books such as the Golden Temple, Silent Crusade, the Grand Athenaeum, and Lion King's Castle.
8. No, you cannot. The SP you gain no longer "pools".