I'm completely lost. I've hit level ten, but things started going wrong almost immediately. So I have a couple of concerns.
1. I accidentally put a point into STR, thinking that there was an "Apply Changes" Button and that I could pull it out. And I have no idea how to get it back.
2. The build I'm following says that my STR and DEX should only be at 4 points. But even before I added the extra point, they were already at 5. Did I mess up before I even started?
3. The build also says that I should have put points into magician skills at levels 8 and 9, but I didn't become a magician till level 10. I'm hoping I didn't mess that up too.
4. Also, in the skills section of the build, it says to put points into Improving Max MP Increase and Improving MP Recovery, though no skills have those names.
I apologize for not knowing anything, but I really don't want to mess up my very first character. I'm sort of panicking, if it wasn't clear.
1. Once you put AP into a stat, you cannot get it back unless you have an AP reset scroll but you'll need to buy it from the 10th Anniversary Coin Shop costing 160 coins. This late in the game, I wouldn't say impossible but it'd be very difficult.
(Since it seems you're new to the game, I'll clarify that the coins I'm talking about are not Maplestory2 Mesos in case you didn't know. The Anniversary coins are earned through mostly events by now or leaves but leaves have stopped dropping from monsters so the only way is to buy them and they cost approximately 15k or so per leaf and you need 100 of them for 1 coin, which is really more than you could probably afford right now.)
2. I couldn't be sure what you did there to get both at 5 but unless you also accidentally put 1 point in DEX, then I'm afraid you did mess up. Next time, you could click the green Auto Assign button and it'll automatically put all your points in INT.
3 & 4. I believe you may be looking at an old guide as things have changed so that people seeking to be magicians now become one at level 10 like the rest of the jobs and Max MP Increase and MP Recovery are no longer maplestory2 skills. I recommend looking for an earlier guide maybe around year 2014+.
I recommend restarting your character. Level 10 isn't actually too difficult to achieve but if you don't wish to do so, then you might have to wait until another opportunity Nexon gives out AP rest scrolls pops up. I know the pains of making a mistake on your first character so if you need further help, please say so.